Be part of the Santa Run Chania 2016!
Monday 26 of December, 13:00, at the 1st Gymnasium of Chania
The Santa Run is a festive, charitable organization, a parody of the famous Santa Run held in various cities of the world every December whereby we will be walking the city streets of Chania wearing Santa Claus costumes. In this Santa Run, official timing and medals do not exist. In our Santa Run we are all winners because we offer aid to children in need. A distance of around 3,5 km is being covered in the historic and commercial center of Chania, with the sole purpose of raising money to offer to four institutions that take care of children with health issues: elepap, kifaamea, kifap, horass.
Santa Run was started in Chania by a group of friends which turned into a voluntary group and eventually became one of the most pioneering events in Greece. This event managed to become an important cause for the entire city of Chania. This is the sixth year that Santa Run is taking place in Chania. Up to now we have raised 240.000 euros for the four institutions. This year, we hope to raise 100.000 euros in one year only for the children in need.
This year be part of the Santa Run and
have fun while offering to the children
You can obtain your Santa costume along with your registration number from the Santa Run House (on the side of the central municipal market of Chania, 9 Hortatson square) by the 1st of December. The registration fee is 15 euros (20 euros after the 23rd of December) and for children from 4 to 12 years old the registration fee is 10 euros. You can also buy Christmas gifts and memorabilia from the Santa Run House.
Opening times for the Santa Run House:
From the 1st until the 17th of December,
10.00 – 14.00 and
18.00 – 21.00 (except Monday and Wednesday)
Saturdays 10.00 – 15.00.
From the 18th until the 24th of December,
10.00 – 21.00 (25th of December closed).
Monday 26th of December, 9.00 – 12.00.
From the 27th until the 31st of December,
11.00 – 14.00 και 18.00 – 21.00.
Do not forget to be a child for the children!
Terms of participation
I declare that I know all of Santa Run Chania organizing conditions and especially the fact that the course is not supervised / monitored by organizers. I stand fully informed about the organization of Santa Run Chania and I solved all questions. I also declare that I have to abide by the rules and instructions of the organizers on the day of the event. I take part in Santa Run Chania bringing personal full responsibility for my actions and I do not have any claim of the organizers for loss of valuables, object loss, my injury, my moral attack and any other harm or injury may be caused to me by my participation in this organization. I accept the use of photographic material in media and social media, on which I may be depicted.
I declare that the Christmas figure outfit that I receive from the organization and will wear during the course is strictly personal and will not dispose it to another person.
For underage participants in Santa Run Chania the participant’s form is signed by the parent or guardian of the minor and the following condition of participation applies additionally:
I declare as a parent / guardian of the minor, whose data are listed above, that he/she participates in the Santa Run Chania in my knowledge and responsibility and that during the event an adult participant will accompany him, whose name and participant number are indicated above as “adult companion” and who will be responsible for monitoring, protection and supervision of my above minor child.
6th Santa Run in Chania
On Monday 26 of December,
at 1p.μ. you should be at the 1st Gymnasium of Chania
* Make sure you have received: A Santa costume, the card with your participant number, which you are required to wear at all time during Santa Run, the bracelet, with which you have free entrance in the after party, receipt.
* In case of any alteration on the programme, you will be informed by the media and our pages on the internet [www.santarunchania.com].
* It is prohibited to cover by any means the sponsorship logos that are printed on the Santa costume, since it is the sponsorships with their contribution that allow us to offer the most to the children of the four institutions.
* During the Santa Run it is important to avoid overcrowding and to not be hasty. For those who have with them strollers with children, it is safer to stay at the end of the procession.
* For the underage participants, it is useful to have written on the back of the card with their participant number, their name and a contact number with the adult attendant.
* For the participants that are joining Santa Run from outside of the city of Chania, the KTEL intercity buses offers a discount of 50% when showing proof of participation, either the card with the participant number or the receipt of the electronic participation.
* The bracelet for entrance which is given to you in the participation bag, it is for use from the moment you received it until the 8th of January 2017. When showing it, you get offered an additional 15% discount on the discount prices of the Italian Factory Stores.
* In case of raining, if we are to wear raincoats, let us try not to cover the sponsorship logos on the Santa costumes. If the raincoat is not transparent, we can wear it on the inside of the Santa costume.
* During the Santa Run course and the after party, please respect the city and the citizens: Refrain from throwing plastic glasses and other litter on the streets.
Let us always remember that the Santa Run message
is about joy, offering, participation
and we want it to have endurance
so that every year we become better and more useful
with the help of every single one of us.